Kid’s Kit is packed full of thought provoking games, activities, and challenges that will help your kids go deeper and stay connected to God’s truth. Each lesson will be directly related to Sunday’s teaching and will be updated each week with new material!
Pre-K – 1st
- Can you retell today’s story?
- What is one thing you learned today?
- What does God want us to do with what you learned today?
- Can you recap today’s story?
- What is the Bottom Line?
- How does it apply to your life?
- Are you living out the Bottom Line? If not, what could you be doing differently?
- How does today’s lesson effect how you behave or interact with other people?
Pre-K to 1st
Activity: The Best Gift of All
What you need: Activity page, crayons, scissors, and a gift bow
What you do:
- On the present draw a picture of the best gift you ever received.
- Color the picture.
- Once you are finished coloring the picture. Cut the present out.
- Place a bow on the present.
Lesson: Ask an adult to read you Ephesians 2:8. This month’s verse reminds us that there’s one gift that’s way more awesome than the one you’ve drawn. It’s Jesus!
Activity: T-Shirt Design Challenge
What you need: Activity page & markers
What you do:
- Pretend you’re in a competition. The designer of the best t-shirt will win 1 million dollars. Design a t-shirt that appeals to everyone. Shirts can be funny or inspirational sayings with no art on them at all. Be creative!
Lesson: How did it feel designing a t-shirt , knowing it had to be the best? Did it feel like you had to perform? Did you feel like you had to do it “right” or “best”? How do these feelings relate to this month’s Bible Scripture? (They’re the opposite; God’s grace is free and it doesn’t matter how we try to earn it.) We can’t earn grace. Grace comes from faith alone, in Jesus alone.
Turn in your completed Activity sheet either after church or email a picture of it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Entries are due by midnight on Thursday. Winners will be announced on Friday and will win a free snow cone from Wimberley Shaved Ice.
We will have one Pre-K to 1st grade winner and one 2nd to 5th grade winner.
Memory Verse Competition
For a chance to win the Memory Verse Challenge submit a video of your kid saying Ephesians 2:8 to email@example.com. All entries are due by midnight on Friday, July 31st. We will have one winner. The winner will be announced Saturday, August 1st and will win a $5 gift card to The Wooden Spoon.